So, during the week I was reading through Sea Of Words and got a lovely surprise when I saw that I had been nominated for it! I’m so grateful for this! A second award in less than a month and I am over the moon!
The Liebster Award is an award to discover new, beginning blogs and is a great way to connect and support the blogging community.
As with any award, there are a few steps involved in its acceptance! So here we go….
Step 1: write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own
This is hard. I love so many blogs and I don’t want to pick one and make others feel like theirs are of any less value to me. But as I have to choose one, I am going to choose Coffee with Caoimhe. I really like this blog because Caoimhe is a young girl of 16 and, as an English teacher, I feel that what she is doing is outstanding. Her standard of writing is of a high quality and she Her blog deals with mental health issues and she comes across as being so mature and dedicated to her subject. She really is such a great example to us all, and for a teenage girl I think she is someone to keep your eye on. Well done Caoimhe, I wish you every continued success on your journey.
Step 2: thank the blogger who nominated you
I’d like to thank Sea of Words for nominating me. I really do appreciate your nomination and, even though we are only newly acquainted, I enjoy your posts and look forward to what’s to come.
Step 3: 10 facts about yourself (optional)
I have only just recently posted a piece with facts about myself so I will try to come up with some more pieces of unique information! I apologise if I bore the socks off of you!
- I used to write a lot of poetry before. I put a book of it together once and gave it to my old English teacher from secondary school to thank him for being such an inspiration to me.
- I’m a Virgo and everything about it fits me perfectly!
- I try to give as many compliments as I can; particularly to people I don’t know. If I’m getting a coffee and I like the waitress’ make up or nails I’ll always let them know! It’s little things like that that can make people happy.
- Alcohol makes me really really anxious, so I’m not a big drinker.
- I am a bit of a grammar Nazi… I’ll correct people’s texts… mainly the texts from Himself… I think he uses bad spelling and grammar in his messages to me on purpose!
- I used to do face painting for parties before… It’s something I’m good at and really enjoy!
- I can play the piano and have completed up to grade 8 in piano exams.
- I have a dog who will only sleep in my room. If I don’t come home he sleeps downstairs, he won’t sleep in anyone else’s room! It’s quite cute!
- I can’t sleep with my hair tied up. I know most girls can’t sleep with it down, but there is no way on earth I’d ever be able to get to sleep with my hair tied up!
- I’m not a girly girl which also means I’m not a huge fan of dresses. I’ll always avoid wearing a dress if possible… god help me on my wedding day!
Step 4: Answer the questions your nominator has asked
1) Do you believe in life after death and why?
I don’t know what I believe to be honest. Sometimes I think the concept of life after death is a construct that someone designed purely to eliminate the fear we have of death. I like the idea that our souls travel to a new vessel in order to live a better, more moral life than the one that has just ended. If you read The Top 10 Things Dead People Want to Tell You by Mike Dooley you’ll get what I mean. I think we’re more than our current bodies. Kind of a Buddhist mentality of me, but you know what I mean! Reincarnation of some sorts.
2) What do you find most important in life?
Wow, that’s a hard question to answer. I suppose positive and meaningful relationships are top of my list. They mean that we are loved, we have support, and that we have people who make us laugh and smile. Without positive and meaningful relationships I don’t think we have very much. No house, no job, no online persona could ever mean anything if you have no love or friendship in your life.
3) What would you do with the money if you won the lottery?
Definitely the first port of call would be to buy a house. I’d probably pay for our house and our wedding and then give some money to both of our families and friends, as well as put some into separate savings accounts for our future children. I’d donate a nice sum of money to charity then I’d probably buy an apartment in Italy… Maybe invest some… It’s not something I’ve thought hugely about!
4) What is your favourite season and why?
Autumn. Without a doubt! I absolutely love the colours and textures of Autumn. It’s the cosiest season! It’s the season of changing leaves, crisp mornings, chilly evenings; time for big woollen jumpers, the time for hats and scarves, the time for fires and books! What’s not to love about Autumn!
5) What do you want to change in this world and why?
I know that this is totally cliché but peace and hunger would be top of my list. I think that there is so much death and destruction in our world that it’s just made the place far too scary. It worries me what kind of a world our kids will be born into. Hearing of terrorist attacks every second month, it’s petrifying. I don’t understand the need for so much hatred at all. I understand that we all have different beliefs, but can someone please explain to me what kind of a god would want to cause so much death and horror to his people? What kind of a god thinks its ok to kill innocent people? What kind of a god allows their people to starve to death? I just can’t get my head around it. If there was peace then I’d be able to believe in a god, but at the rate the world is going I think any trace of faith has slowly but surely faded away.
Step 5: Nominate 5-11 bloggers with under 200 followers
My nominations for this award are:
- Caoimhe – coffeewithcaoimhe
- Sarah – sixfeetofsarah
- Chloe – toomuchtooyoung
- Elanor – beurownlight
- Georgia – lush after yourself
Step 6: Ask your nominee some questions
This is the part I love! I love finding questions that I think will get me more familiar with the bloggers I have nominated! Here are my questions for ye!
- What is your favourite book and why?
- What would the title of your autobiography be?
- Share the last photo you took (not a question I know so this can be optional!)
- What was the most unsettling film you’ve seen?
- If you could get rid of anything to make the world a better place, except for things like war and hunger etc, what would you get rid of?
- What artist or band do you always recommend when someone asks for a music recommendation?
- What piece of advice do you think everyone should hear?
- What’s your favourite accent in the whole world?
- What current trend makes no sense to you?
and just for fun….
- Would you rather have legs as long as your fingers or fingers as long as your legs? Why?
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post! I’ve had a great time writing it! Please give my nominated blogs a visit; I promise you won’t be disappointed!